Live on campus—and make the most of your UMassD experience:
- enjoy new independence
- get to know lots of people
- make your own decisions
Students who live on campus:
- tend to have higher GPAs.
- can complete more credit hours each semester
- are more likely to graduate in fewer semesters
As a first-year student, you'll move into a "quad" of residence halls. Each hall has:
- suite-style living; most rooms are double occupancy
- a live-in resident director (RD) & student resident assistants (RAs)
- community kitchen, common areas/study rooms, laundry room, student mailboxes, and single-stream recycling
- 24/7 security access for residents
UMass Dartmouth offers several residential complexes and a variety of living arrangements, including apartment-style living in our newest complex. Other residence halls are designed primarily for sophomores, juniors, and seniors.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
Our themed communities bring together students who share similar academic, social, or cultural interests. You’ll participate in activities and programs lead by peers, faculty and staff. Learn more about first-year communities
There are also options for:
- Quiet housing living
- Substance awareness housing
- Gender-inclusive housing
Work out at the Tripp Athletic Center—with pool, fitness center, varsity and intramural sports, and fitness classes. Tennis and basketball courts, the track, and forest trails are nearby.
The "Marketplace" is the main dining hall for resident students, and there are cafés and other dining options available across campus.
Upper-level student housing: After your first year, you’ll have on-campus housing options that include apartments and townhouses.
- Dining Services
- Housing & Residential Education
- Location: UMassD on the SouthCoast
- SAIL: Activities, Involvement, Leadership
Note: Enrolling students will receive housing information in the mail in May.