- Please log on using the link below with your UMassD logon and password.
- Verify/enter your mobile phone contact(s) and the check box which enables voice messages on each number. You may test each text number entered to validate that myAlert can reach your phone.
- Verify/enter any strictly Voice Only Line numbers.
- Verify/enter any email contacts other than your UMassD email address (which will always be loaded for you).
- Do not enter UMass Dartmouth work telephone numbers or residential phone numbers or voice only line numbers since these may tie up our trunk lines in the event of an actual emergency. UMassD will use the internal phone network to notify everyone of an emergency.
- Do not enter Google phone numbers (or the like) since these cannot receive text messages.
Click here to validate your information!
- myAlert is a notification system designed to immediately deliver emergency information to students, faculty, and staff via multiple methods including mobile phone text and voice messaging. Types of notifications include:
- Weather related closings, delays
- Environmental or violent crime emergencies that significantly disrupt daily activities or pose an immediate threat to health and safety
- myAlert is a critical tool used in conjunction with other communication channels including campus-wide email, campus phone voicemail, marquees, university website, Channel 80.1, and WUMD 89.3 FM.
- myAlert is offered on a best effort basis. UMass Dartmouth offers no guarantee that it will be able to send mobile phone text and voice messages during every crisis or emergency, or that such messages will be received on your wireless device.
- myAlert is a free service; however, standard text messaging and voice rates may apply as based on your mobile phone carrier's plan.
myAlert Messaging FAQs
Why should I subscribe?
No one can predict when a campus emergency will occur, or where you will be when it happens. If you have a mobile phone, myAlert mobile phone text and voice messaging will provide urgent, time-sensitive information directly to you, whatever your location. Subscribers will receive one or more of the following, depending on your sign-up information. myAlert notifies subscribers of the emergency, instructions to follow, and how to get more information:
How will I know messages are from myAlert?
Text messages will come from 226787 or 67283.
Voice call/voice mail will come from 508.910.9000.
Email will come from firstname.lastname@example.org.
What should I do when I receive a myAlert mobile phone text message or mobile phone voicemail message?
myAlert messages will provide instructions about what you should do. If you are a student and you are in class, tell your instructor about the message. Shelter in Place notices require you to remain in your current location and secure it as much as possible. Evacuate notices indicate that you should immediately leave the noted areas and not return until told to do so. Note to students: Please adhere to your instructors' policies about mobile phone use.
What if I cannot receive text messages?
If you do not have a text messaging plan, do not enter your mobile phone number in the Mobile Phone section. Enter your number in the Voice Only Line Contacts section. You will still receive an email and a voice call/voice message.
Are Google phone numbers supported?
myAlert does not support Google phone numbers or other similar services at this time. Be sure to enter the mobile phone number from your mobile phone provider. We will update you in the future if we can extend support to Google phone numbers.
Who can subscribe?
The service is currently limited to enrolled students, as well as employed students, faculty, staff, and contingent workers with UMassD logon accounts. Subscribers may add contact numbers for other interested parties such as parents or guardians, if desired.
How can I "unsubscribe"?
If you wish to remove yourself from myAlert communications, log into the system and delete your contact information. However, UMass Dartmouth will always communicate emergency information through your umassd.edu email account.
How will the university use my mobile phone number?
Subscribers' mobile phone numbers will remain confidential and will be used only for emergency notifications by UMass Dartmouth. Mobile phone numbers listed in COIN will be loaded into myAlert as a contact. Mobile phone numbers will NOT be used for marketing purposes or other non-emergency communications.
Will I be charged for receiving text messages and voicemail messages from myAlert?
This depends on your mobile phone carrier and your plan. Standard text and voice messaging rates from your mobile phone provider may apply. The myAlert service itself is free.
Who will receive emergency notifications?
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
How do we know the system works?
Test messages will be sent at least twice a year - once during the fall semester and once during the spring semester. Additional tests may be conducted as needed.
Where can I get help with myAlert text messages?
For technical questions, including how to subscribe to myAlert mobile phone text and/or voice messaging:
500 Internal Server Error
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.IT Help form.